Tuesday 1 March 2016

Day 3 of 3 day diet

FINAL DAY!!


..But before I get to todays bits... lets return back to yesterday... to the OBSCENELY large amount of tuna and 5 crackers I had for lunch.. That was unreal!!  I'm sure there was a printing error on the amount of tuna required!  I managed most of it, I'm pleased to say.

Having read various reviews about this 'British Heart Foundation' Diet.. I learned a couple of things. One is that it isn't actually endorsed by the BHF as it apparently doesn't come from them!  Two.. yes people DO lose weight on it, and that it's meant as a 'kick up the backside' to help motivate people to carry on losing weight. and Three... boy are they right about feeling tired!!!!
So... midafternoon nap it was. Only intended to have an hour.. but it kinda stretched into two, but I did feel much better afterwards. The fact I then couldn't sleep last night is neither here nor there! 

Onto Dinner for day 2.  Ok.. where, on other diets, can you get such a dinner as 2 hotdogs (bunless) with carrots and cabbage, I ask you!  Followed by another banana and a slightly smaller portion of ice cream.  (Have you noticed yet.. not a single whimper of complaint from Brain?? It's totally given up complaining and is quite intrigued to see what comes next!)  Again, the portion looked tiny on the plate, but by the time I'd munched it down.. it was surprisingly filling!

Day 3 started with 5 crackers, some cheddar cheese and an apple.  Crackers went down fine, as did the cheese, but when it came to the apple, my dormant tastebuds had a major hissy fit, and I just could not finish it.  Again, the texture of it in my mouth was enough to make me want to v...ok you get the idea :( Took me ages though to finish the crackers and the cheese.. why?  Because it was so dry, you had to chew for ages before swallowing. I guess this is a good thing though as it meant I took my time over it, and gave my stomach a chance to tell my now quite receptive Brain that I was full.  It was then jump in the car at 8.30 to head off into Tenby to catch up with a few people.


How you envisage yourself out walking...

REALITY.........


Yup.. That's how I felt on Saturday when I was out, the day BEFORE I started this 3 day health plan.  I could hardly put one foot in front of the other and was really scared as to how far gone I had become health wise.

Today, however, there WAS an improvement, as I was walking around town.  Yes, I still had to stop for breath, or lean on the wall, or sit down every now and then, but it was nowhere near as bad as 4 days ago, so I returned home about 3pm feeling quite satisfied by how things are going.   Late lunch ensued - one egg on one slice of toast, which again is great.. love that meal.   

Dinner this evening was the dreaded tuna again, this time with carrots and cauliflower. At this point, I have realised I haven't said much about how much I'm drinking...water that is!   That is another problem I have - I never feel thirsty, so I could go all day with maybe just 1/2 litre or less of water. I know enough now to realise that is a big part of the problem; it causes sluggishness, puffiness and a whole host of other more nasty things.  I have tried to up my intake to a litre and a half at LEAST per day and already feel much perkier, alert and not so puffy. 

Weighing in day is tomorrow morning. I have not gone near the scales once during the past three days, so am quite curious to see what, if anything, I have lost.  I see on reviews that other people have lost between 3-10lbs on this, with one person claiming to have lost 17lb!!  (That is too scary!)  I don't FEEL like I've lost much, but... we'll see.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your experience on the 3 Day Military diet. I just finished it and lost 6 pounds in the process. I believe that most people will have a different experience since we have to take into account our metabolic rate, genes, and how much weight we need to lose. For my part, I was drinking tons of water to fill full and be hydrated- roughly 3 liters of water a day! It helped me feel revived and not sluggish, as a low carb diet might have that effect on first timers. I've read a lot of great reviews like your blog and in http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/faq/military-diet-sweetener.html

    ReplyDelete